Want to learn beekeeping? We will be offering organic beekeeping
classes this summer. Dates TBA. Contact us for more
Maryland Nucleus Colonies & Queens:
Most people purchase bees in nucleus colonies when they want to start
beekeeping. A nucleus colony (nuc) provides several advantages.
- Usually purchased from a local beekeeper, the bees are
adapted to your area.
- A miniature colony with bees, a laying queen, honey and
freshly stored pollen, a nuc quickly builds up the first year.
- Unlike packages, which ship in from the south with the
associated pests and problems like africanized bees and small hive
beetle, our nucs are built from tested Maryland stock.
- The five frames quickly transfer into your equipment,
creating less stress on the bees and the beekeeper.
- No expensive shipping charges. You pick up your hive in
Kirsten & Michael Traynor
Middletown, MD 21769
Tel: 301 371 8527
Image Design voicemail is correct
5-frame Nucleus Colonies
Comes with 5 medium frames
in reusable cardboard nuc box, which is yours to keep,
and a marked queen.
No frame exchanges, no equipment drop off.
$150 per nuc
discounts on orders of 5 or more
Order early for Spring 2015.
Limited number of 4 frame deep nucs available.
Maryland Reared Queens
reared from NWC stock and open-mated in our apiary
limited production; never banked, but kept laying in nuc
$35 per marked queen; available for pick-up