Want to learn beekeeping? We will be offering organic beekeeping
classes this summer. Contact us for more
Maryland Nucleus Colonies & Queens:
Most people purchase bees in nucleus colonies when they want to start
beekeeping. A nucleus colony (nuc) provides several advantages.
- Usually purchased from a local beekeeper, the bees are
adapted to your area.
- A miniature colony with bees, a laying queen, honey and
freshly stored pollen, a nuc quickly builds up the first year.
- Unlike packages, which ship in from the south with the
associated pests and problems like africanized bees and small hive
beetle, our nucs are built from tested Maryland stock.
- The five frames quickly transfer into your equipment,
creating less stress on the bees and the beekeeper.
- No expensive shipping charges. You pick up your hive in
- If you have brand new equipment, we can install the nuc
directly into your hive at no extra charge.
Kirsten & Michael Traynor
Middletown, MD 21769
Tel: 301 371 8527
5-frame Nucleus Colonies
Comes with 5 medium frames
in reusable cardboard nuc box, which is yours to keep,
and a marked northern New World Carniolan Queen.
No frame exchanges, no equipment drop off.
$125 per nuc
discounts on orders of 5 or more
Order early for Spring 2014.
Limited number of 4 frame deep nucs available.
We also provide bees for top bar hives.